Table of Contents
These release notes are for the incremental release 4.0.6. It includes a summary of changes since 4.0.5, bug fixes since 4.0.5 and any known problems that still exist at the time of the 4.0.6 release. This page is in addition to the top-level 4.0.6 release notes at http://www.globus.org/toolkit/releasenotes/4.0.6.
For release notes about 4.0 (including feature summary, technology dependencies, etc) go to the C Common Libraries 4.0 Release Notes.
In addition to bug fixes, the following were changed since 4.0.5:
Preauth timeout increased to 120 seconds to avoid killing connections that authenticate too slowly due to machine load.
Default banner message extended to include the toolkit release version (i.e. Globus Toolkit 4.0.6).
- Bug 484: Mem leak on deactivate_all
- Bug 686: globus_mutex_lock() behaves differently on Unix -vs- Win32
- Bug 1141: Misleading error messages using globus-makefile-header
- Bug 2791: Command globus-domainname needs g11n
- Bug 2793: Command globus-generalized-time needs g11n
- Bug 2794: Command globus-hostname needs g11n
- Bug 3081: Small leak in libltldl
- Bug 3107: Fatal error: tcp_init(): globus_io_tcp_create_listener() ...
- Bug 3436: globus_uuid MAC address retrieval doesn't work on solaris
- Bug 3509: GLOBUS_COMMON_MODULE->GLOBUS_CALLBACK_MODULE deactivation...
- Bug 3610: globus-makefile-header returns bad field
- Bug 4035: MacOS threading issues
- Bug 4097: Signal handling probrem on MacOS X
- Bug 4318: Pkgdata needs to make source dir explicit
- Bug 4348: globus-makefile-header generates invalid makefile for Index Service bindings
Click here for more information about this component.