Table of Contents
These release notes are for the incremental release 4.0.5. It includes a summary of changes since 4.0.4, bug fixes since 4.0.4 and any known problems that still exist at the time of the 4.0.5 release. This page is in addition to the top-level 4.0.5 release notes at http://www.globus.org/toolkit/releasenotes/4.0.5.
For release notes about 4.0 (including feature summary, technology dependencies, etc) go to the Java WS Core 4.0 Release Notes.
The following changes have occurred for Java WS Core:
- Updated version of Apache Commons Collection to version 3.2.
Certain internal API components have been extended to better support optimized service-to-service communication within the same container JVM process. All modified APIs have maintained interface-level backward compatibility.
The following bugs were fixed for Java WS Core:
- Only the Simple topic dialect is supported (others can be added)
- Only flat topic spaces are supported (architecture does allow for more advanced structures)
- Actions on the precondition, selector and policy fields in a subscription are not supported
- When a resource is removed its subscriptions are not removed automatically
- Only XPath resource property queries are supported (others can be added)
- A resource might not get destroyed at the exact time as indicated by the scheduled termination time. A sweeper thread that removes expired resources runs periodically (every 1 minute by default) so an expired resource might not get removed until the next time the sweeper thread runs.
- SOAP messages with attachments are not supported. In fact, the Axis version distributed with GT was compiled without attachment support.
- In certain cases, the "
dialect" attribute of TopicExpression or QueryExpression is not serialized properly as defined in the schema. An "
org.globus.dialect.attr.qualified" Java system property was added to control how the serialization of the
dialectattribute. Please see the Bug 3513 for details.
- The saml protocol namespace, urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:protocol is included in the default list of namespaces to exclude during stub generation. Since core does not use all elements of this namespace, stubs are not generated for all elements in the namespace. Since this namespace is in the default excludes list, stubs will not be generated if the target is used with defaul values for ns.excludes. This has been fixed since this release, but to override this behaviour, set the ns.excludes property appropriately for the generateStubs target. Setting that property to be an empty string will result in stubs being generated for all namespaces.
- Bug 2471: Message security signature verification issues
- Bug 2445: Same input and output messages in WSDL confuse Axis
- Bug 2921: Support for TerminationTimeChangeRejectedFault
- Bug 2926: Local transport does not work without a current MessageContext
- Bug 3113: Processing by the WSDLPreprocessor produces output different depending on the JVM
- Bug 3482: wsa:From is not set correctly when service calls another service
- Bug 3483: xsd:anyType not serialized correctly
- Bug 4432: SimpleTopic.notify(SOAPElement element) drop child elements
- Bug 4566: globus-deploy-gar insists that ANT_HOME be set
- Bug 4831: GWSDL RP Inheritence Limited
- Bug 5071: Problems in building GT 4.0.4 with Java 1.6 and Ant 1.7
Click here for more information about this component.