Table of Contents
These release notes are for the incremental release 4.0.2. It includes a summary of changes since 4.0.1, bug fixes since 4.0.1 and any known problems that still exist at the time of the 4.0.2 release. This page is in addition to the top-level 4.0.2 release notes at http://www.globus.org/toolkit/releasenotes/4.0.2.
For release notes about 4.0 (including feature summary, technology dependencies, etc) go to the RLS 4.0 Release Notes.
Other than bug fixes, no changes have occurred for RLS. The bug fixes introduced in this release improve RLS support for ODBC 3.0 drivers, add support for the popular unixODBC manager, and enable RLS to work on 64-bit platforms.
The following bugs were fixed for RLS:
The following problems are known to exist for RLS at the time of the 4.0.2 release:
- Threading/Libc Problems: set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 in your environment and see Platform Notes for more information.
- Bug 2601: Missing 'sigset' linking error
- Bug 2821: GT3.9.5: jni.h not found when compiling RLS on MacOS X
- Bug 3215: RLS client portability improvements
- Bug 3253: GT4 build fails on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Bug 3656: ACLs cannot be modified dynamically
- Bug 3828: RLSClient crashes when a null parameter is passed to a method
- Bug 3830: RLS searches for RLI tables in LRC database
- Bug 4114: Java apis fail on 64 bit machine
- Bug 4141: regexec call in auth.c's auth_getperms
- Bug 4142: globus-rls-admin -s always indicates RLI does not exist
Click here for more information about this component.