Table of Contents
These release notes are for the incremental release 4.0.5. It includes a summary of changes since 4.0.4, bug fixes since 4.0.4 and any known problems that still exist at the time of the 4.0.5 release. This page is in addition to the top-level 4.0.5 release notes at http://www.globus.org/toolkit/releasenotes/4.0.5.
For release notes about 4.0 (including feature summary, technology dependencies, etc) go to the RLS 4.0 Release Notes.
The RLS is now built and installed as part of the default toolkit installation from both the source and binary distributions. The RLS now includes an embedded database as part of the installation. Following installation, the RLS will be fully configured to use the embedded database. For existing users of the RLS, the RLS installation may be configured to use a DBMS server as usual. In addition to the embedded database support, this release includes portability improvements for Mac OSX and AIX platforms.
- Bug 2601: Missing 'sigset' linking error
- Bug 2821: GT3.9.5: jni.h not found when compiling RLS on MacOS X
- Bug 3253: GT4 build fails on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Bug 4570: RLS binaries not included in x86_64 binary builds
- Bug 5344: Invalid length parameter passed to SQLSetConnectionAttr(...)
- Bug 5346: SQLiteODBC build problem on MacOSX
- Bug 5364: odbc.ini driver settings do not use os specific lib extensions
- Bug 5370: RLS server portability improvements
- Threading/Libc Problems: set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 in your environment and see Platform Notes for more information.
- Bug 3656: ACLs cannot be modified dynamically
- Bug 3828: RLSClient crashes when a null parameter is passed to a method
- Bug 4114: Java apis fail on 64 bit machine (patch available)
- Bug 4141: regexec call in auth.c's auth_getperms
- Bug 4142: globus-rls-admin -s always indicates RLI does not exist
- Bug 4512: RLS query returns incomplete result on 64bit system (patch available)
- Bug 4630: RLS java client cannot load libaries through JNI on Mac (see workaround)
Click here for more information about this component.