Table of Contents
These release notes are for the incremental release 4.0.6. It includes a summary of changes since 4.0.5, bug fixes since 4.0.5 and any known problems that still exist at the time of the 4.0.6 release. This page is in addition to the top-level 4.0.6 release notes at http://www.globus.org/toolkit/releasenotes/4.0.6.
For release notes about 4.0 (including feature summary, technology dependencies, etc) go to the RLS 4.0 Release Notes.
Highlights of this release include the new ability of the RLS server to automatically reconnect to a database management server (e.g., if the DBMS goes offline temporarily), a fix for installation and configuration on the Solaris platform, and a couple minor fixes for all platforms.
The following bugs have been fixed in this release.
The following known problems exist.
- Threading/Libc Problems: set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 in your environment and see Platform Notes for more information.
- Bug 3656: ACLs cannot be modified dynamically
- Bug 3828: RLSClient crashes when a null parameter is passed to a method
- Bug 4114: Java apis fail on 64 bit machine (patch available)
- Bug 4141: regexec call in auth.c's auth_getperms
- Bug 4142: globus-rls-admin -s always indicates RLI does not exist
- Bug 4512: RLS query returns incomplete result on 64bit system (patch available)
- Bug 4630: RLS java client cannot load libaries through JNI on Mac (see workaround)
Click here for more information about this component.