- Doc Structure
- A Globus Primer
- Globus Is Modular!
- Installing GT
- Platform Notes
- Migrating from GT2
- Migrating from GT3
- PDF version
- Best Practices
- Coding Guidelines
- API docs
- Public Interfaces
- Resource Properties
- Performance Studies
Table of Contents
- 1. Setting Up File Transfers (GridFTP)
- 2. Setting Up the Web Services Container (Java WS Core)
- 3. Setting Up Large Transfers (RFT)
- 4. Setting Up Job Management (GRAM4)
- 5. Discovering and Monitoring Resources with the Index Service (MDS4)
- 6. Visualizing Resources with WebMDS (MDS4)
- 7. Making Proxy Certificates Available with MyProxy
- 8. Setting Up on Multiple Machines
- 9. Setting Up Clusters
- 10. Establishing Cross-CA Trust
- 11. Where To Go From Here
This section describes initial setup for basic services that will provide a basic set of Grid services on one machine. The Quickstart Guide walks you through setting up basic services on multiple machines.
adapt info from quickstart - link to test info
make sure you include glossary reference to web service.
configure the system to allow TCP/IP connections to postgres, adding a trust entry for our current host as globus user, create the rftDatabase, load the RFT schema, change the password in the jndi-config.xml file, restart the container to load the new RFT configuration and test by trying an RFT transfer
setup sudo so the globus user can start jobs as a different user and test by running a simple job
adapt info from quickstart and test
make sure you include the glossary link to resource.
from quickstart - general information about clusters? or should that stay in quickstart?