- Doc Structure
- A Globus Primer
- Globus Is Modular!
- Installing GT
- Platform Notes
- Migrating from GT2
- Migrating from GT3
- PDF version
- Best Practices
- Coding Guidelines
- API docs
- Public Interfaces
- Resource Properties
- Performance Studies
Table of Contents
MyProxy is an online credential repository. You can store X.509 proxy credentials in the MyProxy repository, protected by a passphrase, for later retrieval over the network. This eliminates the need for manually copying private key and certificate files between machines. MyProxy can also be used for authentication to grid portals and credential renewal with job managers.
Features new in release 4.1.2
- This is the first Globus Toolkit release that includes MyProxy.
Other Supported Features
- Users can store and retrieve multiple X.509 proxy credentials using myproxy-init and myproxy-logon.
- Users can store and retrieve multiple X.509 end-entity credentials using myproxy-store and myproxy-retrieve.
- Administrators can load the repository with X.509 end-entity credentials on the users' behalf using myproxy-admin-load-credential.
- Administrators can use the myproxy-admin-adduser command to create user credentials and load them into the MyProxy repository.
- Users and administrators can set access control policies on the credentials in the repository.
- If allowed by policy, job managers (such as Condor-G) can renew credentials before they expire.
- The MyProxy server enforces local site passphrase policies using a configurable external call-out.
The following changes have occurred for MyProxy since the last stable release, 4.0:
The following problems and limitations are known to exist for MyProxy at the time of the 4.1.2 release:
- Bug 2709: The MyProxy package isn't internationalized.
MyProxy depends on the following GT component:
- Pre-WS Authentication and Authorization
MyProxy depends on the following 3rd party software:
Protocol changes since GT 4.0
- MyProxy was not included in GT 4.0.
API changes since GT 4.0
- MyProxy was not included in GT 3.2.
Exception changes since GT 4.0
- Not applicable
Schema changes since GT 4.0
- Not applicable
See MyProxy for more information about this component.